WASHINGTON NATIONALS (August 12-14)
FRIDAY: 7:05 p.m. ... Gate openings: Ashburn Alley - 4:35 p.m.; Other gates - 5:35 p.m. ... Broadcast: CSN, WPHT 1210, WUBA 1480 AM (Spanish).
TOYOTA WALL OF FAME NIGHT
- 6:50 p.m., Wall of Fame Induction Ceremonies for John Kruk, live on phillies.com. Three-time National League All-Star first baseman John Kruk will be inducted into the Phillies Wall of Fame during a special pre-game ceremony.
• Wall of Famers return to honor their fellow Phillie including: Hall of Famers Jim Bunning (1984 inductee), Steve Carlton (1989) and Mike Schmidt (1990), as well as Dick Allen (1994), Greg Luzinski (1998), Garry Maddox (2001), Tony Taylor (2002), Bob Boone (2005), Dallas Green (2006), Juan Samuel (2008) and Darren Daulton (2010).
• A 14"x 20" cast bronze plaque of Kruk will be added to the Toyota Wall of Fame display located in the Memory Lane section of Ashburn Alley.
- All fans will receive a commemorative print of Kruk, courtesy of Toyota.
- Special Welcome: Pennridge Little League.
- National Anthem: Rose Valley Chorus and Orchestra from Media, Pa.
- Earlier in the Day: Phillies Baseball Academy.
- 6:30 p.m. Toyota Alumni Night Pre-Game Ceremonies, live on phillies.com. More than 45 former Phillies - representing eight decades - will be introduced on the field, including Hall of Famers Steve Carlton, Mike Schmidt and Jim Bunning.
- Presentation of the John Vukovich Award to Greg Legg, Lakewood BlueClaws coach. Vince Vukovich, son of the late Phillies player and coach John Vukovich, will present the award.
- 4:00 p.m. Stephen Starr-Garry Maddox Barbecue Challenge. Citizens Bank Way, free and open to the public. Restaurant teams and pit master teams will compete for the region's best barbecue. Celebrity judges include broadcasters Gary Matthews and Larry Andersen, plus former players Bob Boone, Larry Christenson, Terry Harmon and Greg Luzinski.
- Special Welcome: Brain Aneurysm Awareness.
- 1:10 p.m. Harry Kalas Statue Presented to Phillies, live on phillies.com. A statue dedicated to the memory of Phillies Hall of Fame broadcaster Harry Kalas will be unveiled during this special pre-game ceremony. Participants include: Lawrence J. Nowlan, the statue's sculptor and Todd Palmer and Suzanne Norris from Dear Harry, Inc., the fan-based group organized solely to fund the statue. Accepting on the team's behalf will be Phillies President David Montgomery. Special guests will include members of the Kalas family and more than two dozen Phillies alumni.
• God Bless America: sung by Kane Kalas, son of Harry Kalas.
- Alumni Surprises! Fans are urged to be on the lookout all around the ballpark before and during the game - you never know where you might bump into your favorite Phillies alumni!
- Book Signing: 162-0: Imagine a Phillies Perfect Season by Paul Kurtz, 12:30-1:30 p.m., Phillies NewsStand Behind Section 111 on the Main Concourse.
- Phillies Charities Silent Auction, First Base Gate, 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Features autographed memorabilia from current and former Phillies players.
- Baseball Tomorrow Fund Glove Drive. Fans are asked to bring new or gently used baseball gloves to benefit Pitch In for Baseball.
- National Anthem: West Chester Area Community Chorus.